Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Secret Snowflake Reveal & Holiday Party

Tonight was so much fun. We ended our week of secret snowflake surprises with a party where we all tried to guess who our secret snowflake was. One of the highlights was Juliana, who was the secret snowflake for Michael and I. The thing was, all week she delivered things to us saying they were from our snowflake. It was very sneaky...we didn't guess her at all! She even went to the trouble of getting other people to write the notes so we wouldn't recognize her handwriting. She even wrapped our presents right in front of us at our wrapping party last night! With OUR wrapping paper!! haha. Good one, Juliana.

Another highlight (if I do say so myself) was Cheyenne finding out that Michael and I were HER secret snowflake. Yesterday, I told Cheyenne her snowflake person had asked me to give her a present, and then I stayed while she opened it and acted all surprised and interested and said how cool it was. I think that was pretty funny of me in the end. We were actually the only people that hadn't been revealed, so it had to be us, but Cheyenne still didn't guess us. She said "Um....doesn't it have to be Melisa and Michael?" But she clearly didn't think it WAS us. I kept a totally straight face while the kids tried to figure out who else it could be. But Michael started laughing and gave it away. (You're no fun, Michael)

Oooh...and then there was Jane, who had Hyun Soo and made Hyun Soo buy her own present. Jane didn't have time to go out, and asked Hyun Soo to pick up a present that she herself liked that Jane could give to her secret snowflake person. hahahaha, very clever, Jane!

One last highlight was Jofia and Helen. Last year, Helen had Jofia and Jofia never guessed and Helen was so excited to have kept it a secret all week. This year, Jofia got Helen somehow and not only did Helen never guess, but even when Jofia fessed up, Helen wouldn't even believe her!!!

There were lots of laughs all night, and we opened the party to visitors after we finished our gift exchange. It was a great night, filled with comfort, joy, laughter, and all that is the spirit of the holiday season--whatever holiday we each celebrate. Here's to you and yours this season--enjoy!!

Cheers,
Melisa

PS: I'll post a slideshow of pictures tomorrow!

No comments: